It’s January, and it’s finally time to get back to work after enjoying the relaxing holidays and to start implementing those New Year’s resolutions. One thing at the top of our new year’s resolution list every year is to do more, and if you’ve got the same outlook, then we want to help you make this the best year yet. Get a jump start on the new year with our recommendations of some of the best events from around the world. From sports to fashion and everything in-between here is our rundown of the best events happening this January.
There is plenty of snow on the mountains and so plenty of winter sporting events for you to enjoy. If you don’t enjoy the cold, don’t fear, there are plenty of other events too.
- Four Hills Tournament – held in Bischofshofen, Austria – 2-day event finishing on the 6th of January.
- Licorum Bank Snow Polo World Cup – held in Kitzbuhel, Austria – 4 day events finishing on the 15th January
- Fridge Festival – Held in Obertauern, Austria – 3-day event finishing on the 15th January
- Sitges Half Marathon 2017 – Held in Stiges, Spain
- Dolomitenlauf – Held in Lienz, Austria – 3 day event finishing on the 21st of January
- Six Day Berlin 2017 – Berlin, Germany – 6-day event finishing on the 24th January
- Inferno-Combination Giant Slalom – Held in Mürren, Switzerland
- Reykjavik International Games – held in Reykjavik, Iceland – 11-day event finishing 5th February
- 2017 Mediterranean Fencing Championships – held in Marseille, France – 3 day event finishing on the 29th January
- FIL World Luge Championships 2017 – Held in Innsbruck, Austria – 3 day event finishing on the 29th of January
- Prix d’Amérique Horse Race – held in Paris, France
Shows and Fairs
If you have a hobby or passion which you want to explore a little more this year, why not attend a fair and see what the world’s best have to offer. Whether that’s motors or boats, we’ve got you covered.
- The London International Boat Show – Held in London, England – 10-day event finishing on the 15th January
- Expo Creative Luxembourg – Held in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg – 3-day event finishing on the 15th January
- Salon Auto/Moto – European Motor Show – held in Brussels, Belgium – 9-day event finishing on the 22nd January
- 41st Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival – Held in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Boot-Düsseldorf – International Boat Show – Held in Düsseldorf, Germany – 9-day event finishing on the 29th January
If you’re after a more upbeat start to the year, how about checking out one of these music festivals. You can dance, sing or just relax and enjoy some of the best in international music.
- Eurosonic Noorderslag – Held in Groningen, Holland – 4-day event finishing on the 14th January
- Music for Galway: Midwinter Festival 2017- Held in Galway, Ireland – 3-day event finishing on the 22nd January
It’s the perfect time to check out the up and coming trends of 2017 by visiting some of the biggest fashion events around the world. From Paris to Milan to London. We can help get you anywhere.
- Milan Moda Main – held in Milan, Italy – 5-day event finishing on the 9th January
- London Fashion Week, Fall/Winter (Men’s) – Held in London, England – 4-day event finishing on the 9th January
- Florence Pitti Moda Uomo – Held in Florence, Italy – 4-day event finishing on the 13th January
- Milan Moda Uomo – Held in Milan, Italy – 4-day event finishing on the 17th January
- Berlin Fashion Week – Held in Berlin, Germany – 3-day event finishing on the 19th January
- Paris Fashion Week (Men’s) – Held in Paris, France – 5-day event finishing on the 22nd January
- Haute Couture – Held in Paris, France – 5-day event finishing on the 26th January
A week of glitz and glamour is what to expect if you attend any of these – Check out some of this year’s biggest up and coming indie films and then party with the stars at these incredible film festivals around the world.
- British Shorts Film Festival – Held in Berlin, Germany – 5-day event finishing on the 16th January
- DocPoint – Helsinki Documentary Film Festival 2017 – Held in Helsinki, Finland – 6-day event finishing on the 29th January
- International Film Festival – Held in Rotterdam, Holland – 12-day event finishing on the 5th February
Set yourself up for the best 2017 possible and sign up to a business conference this January. We can get you there and back quickly and stylishly so that you always look, and feel your best at any business event.
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017 – Held in Davos, Switzerland – 4-day event finishing on the 20th January
Anything you fancy? Give us a call and we will help arrange every aspect of your trip and then help get you there and back before they know your missing. And as always, if there’s an event you’ve been waiting for that you don’t see on this list, we will make it work! Just give us a call, email or use the live chat function on our website.