With Christmas only four weeks away, it’s going to be a very busy December. Here at Luxwing, we want to help you to cram in as much as possible, leaving you with more time to enjoy the festivities and less time waiting and arranging flights and trips abroad.
We’ve once again picked out our favorite events this month, so have a look below, and if any of these are on your Christmas list we will get you there and back in style. Of course if you want something that’s not on the list give us a call and we will do our best to make it happen.
This month, we are kicking off winter by recommending several winter sporting events across Europe as well as a big football game if that’s more of your thing.
- La Liga: FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid held in Barcelona, Spain
- 2017 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Division I – Group A, in Bremerhaven, Germany – 7-day tournament finishing on the 18th.
- Montafon Ski Cross and Snowboard Cross World Cup in Montafon, Austria – 4-day event finishing on the 18th
- Four Hills ski jumping Tournament in Oberstdorf, Germany – 2-day event finishing on the 30th
From Opera, to classical concerts, there are plenty of live music events this winter for you to spend your cold evenings. We’re sure that the powerful atmosphere will help warm you up, but we can’t guarantee any Christmas carols!
- 47th Festival for Opera and Ballet, Srara Zagora, Bulgaria – 3-day event ending on the 10th
- Swan Lake at Opera Bastille, Paris, France – 18 nights between the 7th and 31st December
- Noble Peace Prize Concert, Oslo, Norway
- Christmas in Vienna Concert, Vienna, Austria
- Le Grand Bal – Hofburg Palace, Vienna, Austria
Last minute Christmas shopping anyone? Even if you haven’t finished all your Christmas shopping yet, these luxury fairs taking place in the build up to Christmas will assist you in getting the best gifts for friends and family. And with Luxwing, you can get them back quicker than Santa’s slay!
- Salon Nautique International de Paris, France – 9 day event finishing on the 11th December
- Maters of LXRY – Lifestyle Fair, Amsterdam, Holland – 3 day event finishing on the 10th December
So if you want to treat yourself or a loved one to an early Christmas present, give us a call and we will help to arrange every aspect of your trip. As always, check back next month for more recommended events and have a great December!
We recently talked about making the difficult decision of choosing between the beach or mountain for your winter break. If you decided that mountains are the way to go then you’re in luck! Featuring spas, cinemas, clubs and ice rinks!
Here is our run down of the Top 8 super-luxury hotels/ Chalets for you to stay at during your break.
The Carlton hotel, St Moritz, Switzerland
Completely renovated in 2007, the refreshed and modern Carlton is one of the most exclusive resorts in St Moritz. It consists of 60 suits and a spa, which has been named one of the best in the world! A suit costs €560 euros a night, an extremely small price to pay compared to the rest of this list.
The Lodge, Verbier, Switzerland
The Lodge is Richard Branson’s personal winter get away, and as part of the Virgin limited edition group, this luxury home is sure to blow you away. It features everything you could possibly need during a winter break including an indoor and outdoor pool, a party area and even a mini ice rink. It cost a cool €143,000 a week, which can comfortably accomodate up to 18 people.
Titania, Megève, France
This incredible 2000 sq.m. chalet is set over 7 floors, and is one of the biggest we have ever seen! It can play home to 24 people and includes activities for everyone, including a 30 person conference room if you’re planning a work get away. There is also a huge spa and gym, incorporating an 11m climbing wall. All this for only €240,000 per week!
Hotel Alpaga, Megève, France
For those looking for something a little more private, but aren’t willing to splash out on one of the chalets, this is possibly your best option in the French alps, and at €320 per night it’s a steal! It has only 22 rooms and 5 suits for those who want something even more personal as well as a fantastic spa. The hotel is home to La Table de l’Alpaga, one of best gastronomic restaurants in the French alps. On top of all of this you have some of the best panoramic views of the Mont blanc right from your bedroom window.
La Chardon, Val D’Isere, France
This luxury chalet rests comfortably on the side of Solaise mountain offering the perfect ski-in, ski-out accommodation for up to 20 people. The accommodation includes an 18ft heated outdoor pool and 2 hot tubs as well as a private, in-resort concierge and exclusively prepared gourmet food. This property will set you back €78,000 per week.
Badrutt’s palace, St Moritz, Switzerland
Badrutt’s Palace is a favourite of royals and celebrities looking to get away for winter. And for good reason – It is home to the most exclusive night club in St. Moritz, the Kings Nightclub, it has three in house restaurants (which of course you can expect only the best from) and at €420 a night it’s much more affordable than some of the chalets we have shown, whilst including all of the facilities, and mouth-watering views over the Swiss mountains.
Le Petit Palais, Courchevel, France
Set in one of the most exclusive areas of Courchevel, this 6 floor, 1,500 sqm property can hold 16 people across its 12 bedrooms, and additional master suit accommodates an entire floor. Meanwhile, another floor is reserved specifically for the absolutely enormous spa! But the fun doesn’t stop there, the chalet has in house night club and poker room if you’re planning to keep on going once you finish on the slopes. For €250,000 a week the ski-in and ski-out service will allow you to get your moneys worth and enjoy as much time in the accommodation as possible
Chalet Edelweiss, Courchevel
This is by far the most expensive resort on our list, for €550,000 per week this chalet has 2 master suits at 100 sq.m. each and sleeps 16 guests over its 6 floors. It of course has the mandatory swimming pools and spa as well as ski-in, ski-out facilities but what really amazes us about this property is the private cinema, library and 130 sq.m. party floor with DJ booth, bar and dance floor – capable of holding up to 100 people. So expect many all-nighters, because you’re going to want to make your trip count!
If you are thinking of spending your winter holidays in one of these locations contact us and we will fly you there in one of our Lux Private Jets.
On Thursday the 24th November 2016, Aeropodium are hosting the private, business jet focused conference ‘Basel and Business Jets: Where the magic happens!’ Sponsored by Jet aviation and held in Basel, Switzerland, the event will look to focus on the latest developments in aircraft maintenance and cabin completion.
The event will be filled with aircraft operators, manufacturers and airport executives looking to gain some insights in the latest trends in the aviation industry and to network during the much anticipated cocktail reception.
There will be many guest speakers at the event and a keynote presentation by Robert smith – The president of Jet aviation, as well as talks from the following industry leaders:
- Simon Davis – VP sales (Europe, Middle-East and India) – Global Jet Capital
- Jan Hascher, Director of Business Development – JSSI
- Jozef Michalicek, Managing Partner and Founding Member – CAMO4jets
- Aoife O’Sullivan, Partner – The Air Law Firm
- Mathieu Pezin, Executive Vice President – Boutsen Aviation
- Philippe Renz, Attorney-At-Law – Renz & Partners
- Dominic Waeckerlin, Safety and Compliance Manager – Jet Aviation Business Jets
- Matthew Woollaston, Vice President Completions Sales & Marketing – Jet Aviation
If you’re interested in finding out a little more about the event or registering, you can go directly to Aeropodium’s official website by clicking here. As always, Luxwing will keep you updated on any updates within the industry as they happen. Check back here weekly for more.
It seems to be getting darker and colder by the hour, which means one thing – Winter is well and truly here, and although we can’t change the weather, we can bring you as close to whichever season you feel, whether you prefer soak up the sun or shredding on the snow, it’s time to start planning your winter vacation, and we want to help you make that all important decision. So here are just a few options to help you decide between the beach or the mountains when planning your big winter trip.
Sydney, Australia VS Aspen, Colorado, USA
Australia allows you to spend Christmas in 26°C heat, and it is even common for residents to enjoy a barbecue on the beach for their annual Christmas meal. In our opinion, the long distant flight is worth it to experience wishing fellow beach goers a merry Christmas whilst jumping into the warm, blue sea. It literally doesn’t get any better than if you want a Christmas in the sun. On the flip side is Aspen, one of the world’s most famous ski resorts and for a good reason! After hosting the World Championships in 1950, it became a retreat for celebrities and a practice ground for Olympic athletes due to the difficulty of the runs (there isn’t one green!) Expect many gourmet restaurants and galleries catered for the high clientele, which you can enjoy when not in the snow.
Costa Rica VS Zermatt, Switzerland
Although it’s a pretty small country, Costa Rica proudly holds 5% of the worlds existing biodiversity throughout its conservations and naturally protected territory that make up 25% of the countries surface area. There are also several amazingly beautiful Volcanos such as Irazù, where, from the top you can see both the pacific and Caribbean ocean! There are also plenty of activities available such as zip lining, and several natural hot springs if you get bored of the beaches.
Switzerland has a reputation for brilliant ski resorts, but Zermatt is leaps and bounds ahead of its neighbours. For starters, it is easily recognised by the Iconic Matterhorn mountain, made famous by Toblerone, but as you get into the town centre, the narrow cobbled street, and luxury restaurants make the picturesque resort even more magical. But the wonders don’t just stop at its aesthetically pleasing nature. Zermatt offers several glaciers providing great snow for the entire region, and the 50 on mountain restaurants deliver some of the best table-to-piest cuisine you’ll ever experience.
South Africa VS Chamonix, France
There is so much to do in South Africa that by the end of your trip you’ll be wishing you could hit the ski slopes to relax. Beyond the Safari’s South Africa has the longest zip lining cable trails in the world and, what better way to explore the the Sabie River than ‘Geckoing’ in an inflatable raft. Don’t forget that all of this is done during the 11 hours of sunshine and average daily temperatures of 26°C.
Chamonix is also aimed at adrenalin seeking enthusiasts, as it is widely recognised as the birth place of extreme skiing, so expect plenty of snow parks if that’s your thing, even just to watch the professionals. Chamonix consists of a huge 11 ski areas, so you have plenty of space to explore. The town centre of Chamonix is about as stereotypical as you would expect from a mountain village, where the cobbled stone roads and ban on cars creates a peaceful mountain atmosphere.
Dubai, UAE VS Whistler, British Columbia
Dubai is the most glamorous and impressive place in the United Arab Emirites, it is home to the world’s tallest building, largest shopping mall and the largest man-made island to name a few. It has an average daily temperature of 30°C in the winter, and the warm, sandy beaches are ideal to relax on. Meanwhile, British Columbia claims to have the world’s largest ski park, the largest skiable vertical drops and the biggest ski area on the planet – 8,171 acres, just a few thousand more than the largest indoor ski area in… you guessed it, Dubai.
Barbados, Caribbean islands VS Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy
Probably the most recognisably picturesque place on the planet, Barbados is The Caribbean’s biggest islands and the bright white beaches and crystal clear blue water are not the only things on offer in this majestic country, there is plenty of history to explore and plenty of exotic fish and turtles which you can snorkel with. Of course, there is also a variety of luxurious restaurants and bars – perfect for long lunches and dinners.
The Italian resort of Cortina in the Dolomites has been called the most beautiful mountain in the world, and although this is a hard sell, it is certainly up there with the greats. It is the most upscale resort in all of Italy with plenty of boutiques and high class dining. One unexpected side effect of the gorgeous restaurants and bars is that the slopes are usually fairly quiet, giving you plenty of space to practice or carve the beginner and intermediate runs.
The choice really is yours. And with Luxwing you can arrive in style and efficiency, skipping the hassle and queues of commercial flights, getting you into your swimming costume or ski boots faster than you can say “happy holidays!”
It’s going to be a busy November this year, there are plenty of sporting events, music festivals and luxury fairs in the run up to Christmas and, as always, Luxwing want to help you arrive as quickly and as elegantly as possible, no matter when or where you’re going.
Have a look at the calendar below for the most hotly anticipated events this season and contact us to arrange your VIP travel!
It’s a big couple of months for sporting events. There are several FIFA world cup qualifiers, a couple of grand prix and a few other events. Take a look below, and if you can’t miss a chance watch your team play away, or just want to show support for your country let us get you first class to the front row.
- Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Geneve in Geneva, Switzerland – 3-day event finishing on November 13th
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying – England vs. Scotland in Wembley, London
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying – France vs. Sweden in Paris, France
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying – Austria vs. Republic of Ireland in Vienna, Austria
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying – Luxembourg vs. Netherlands in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- 2016 Valencian Community Motorcycle Grand Prix in Valencia, Spain
- 2016 ATP World Tour Finals in London, England – 9-day event finishing on November 20th
- The Paris Horse Show in Paris, France – 9 day event, finishing on December 4th
- International Golf Travel Market in Lake Como, Italy – 4 day event, finishing on November 30th
Music and Art festivals
It’s November now, and with that we’ve moved on from all the summer music and art festivals, but don’t fear, Luxwing have you covered with these winter wonders to keep you entertained.
- Art Design Festival in Feldkirch, Austria – 3-day event finishing on November 13th
- Monte Carlo Jazz Festival in Monte Carlo – 10 day festival, finishing on December 3rd
Looking to make a head start on the Christmas shopping? Here are just a few suggestions which we recommend, and what better way to get all those gifts back home safely than with one of our private jets, capable of carrying up to 2.1 Long Tones!
- Zurich Watch and Jewelry Exhibition in Zurich, Switzerland -3 day event finishing on November 27th
- Meeting Luxury: Swiss International Holiday Exhibition, Luxury Travel – 3-day event closing on the 1st November and starting on the 30th October
- Watches and Luxury Fair in Catania, Italy – 3-day event finishing on 11th November
Motors and Boat shows
And if you’d rather treat yourself this holiday season then there’s plenty going on for that too. Give us a call and we’ll arrange getting you there and back… If you still need it!
- Hanseboot, International Boat Show in Hamburg, Germany – 9-day event closing on November 6th and starting on the 29th October
- Venexpo Boat Fair in Turku, Finland 3-day event finishing on the 13th November
- International Motor Show in Goetzingen, Luxemburg – 3 day event finishing November 20th
If you don’t see something on this list which you’re keen to get in on, give us a call and we will get you as close to the action as we can! You can always contact us through the website chat or directly on email@example.com or call +356 3550 5496.
On the 1st and 2nd of November Wings of the Future, the 14th annual Eurasian Air Transport Forum, will be held in Moscow, Russia. The Eurasian air transport industry is about to reach a new height, and this event will discuss changes that technological advancements are having on the industry as a whole, including: the search for new renewable fuels; the impact factors such as globalisation, foreign politics and labour will have on the Eurasian market and how this will effect international operations.
The two-day event will be split into 4 main categories: The future of aviation on the whole, the future of aircrafts, the future of low-cost companies and the interaction that airlines have with airports.
Wings of the Future is set to play host to the exciting line-up of industry leading, key guest speakers shown below. If you’d like to see the full program for the event, please click here.
- Armin Staigis – Vice President – German Federal Academy for Security Policy
- Antoine Gelain –Managing Partner – Paragon European Partners
- Neil Harris –Vice President R&T Business Development & Partnerships – Airbus
- Max Nilov –Regional Marketing Director – Boeing Commercial Aircraft
- Sergey Koltovich –CEO – Horizon Bizjet Leasing
- Vadim Besperstov – Head of Airline IT Sales and Account Management, Russia, CIS and Israel – Amadeus
- Svend Leirvaag –Vice President Industry Affairs – Amadeus
- Giorgio Callegari –Senior Vice President for Strategy & Alliances – Aeroflot, Russian Airlines
- Kirill Budaev –Vice-President Marketing & Sales – Irkut Corporation
- Arjan Meijer –Vice President Commercial Aviation, Europe, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia – Embraer
- Mark Gilbert,Director of Business Development and Sales, Russia and the CIS –Bombardier
- Andrew Pyne –ex-CEO – Cobalt Air & Sr.Partner – Concuros
- Scott Holland –Marketing Director – Rolls-Royce
- Yuriy Kurganov – Partner, Senior Expert, Airlines and Aerospace & Defense Practice –Bain & Company
The action packed conference will host over 350 people, the majority of whom are made up of industry CEOs and directors predominantly working with airlines, airports or in the aircraft industry. Luxwing will of course keep you updated with the insights gained from the event, and make sure to check back here for other industry related news!
For leisure or for work, these are the most visited cities in the world that can afford to receive millions of tourists per year! Check out if your city is listed in our rank of Top 10 Most Visited Cities in 2016!
#10. Seoul, South Korea – 10.20 million international visitors
#9. Tokyo, Japan – 11.70 million international visitors
#8 . Istanbul, Turkey – 11.95 million international visitors
#7. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – 12.02 million international visitors
#6. Singapore – 12.11 million international visitors
#5. New York City, USA – 12.75 million international visitors
#4. Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 15.27 million international visitors
#3. Paris, France – 18.03 million international visitors
#2 London, England – 19.88 million international visitors
#1. Bangkok, Thailand – 21.47 million international visitors
Today we are happy to announce the launch of Luxwing’s brand new video section. From now on you will be able to watch our crew in action and follow our adventures up in the air.
Here at Luxwing we are always working to improve our services. In doing so, our objective is to offer a much better experience to our clients by enhancing our transparency and commitment. All of this is possible only by making as many resources as possible available to our stakeholders via the different offline and online channels at our disposal.
The creation of the video page on our Luxwing website will give you a deeper understanding of our work and passion that we put into it. We love to involve you in what we do daily, because trust is essential when flying. We want to build it by showing you our expertise, professionalism and flexibility, every day, every time we take off.
We invite you to follow us for more video updates on our video page and our Youtube channel!
Subscribe to our channel to show us your support.
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCkce7DOoWC-RqwKZ2dKnzzA
Luxwing Video Page: luxwing.com/video
Stay tuned for more adventures with Luxwing!
1. Overall, 11,261 private jets were registered for use in the United States and 7,997 in the rest of the world.
2. The US makes up 49.7% of the world market for private jets with Europe following at 20.8%; Asia Pacific 11.8%; Latin and South America 11.6%; Africa and the Middle East: 6.1%.
3. The biggest event for private jet travel is the Super Bowl.
4. in 2012 over 259,000 private takeoffs and landings occurred at Van Nuys Airport, making it the busiest general aviation airport in the world.
5. The most popular model of private jet in the U.S. is the Cessna Citation Excel, also referred to as XLS+ and Citation XLS.
6. The world’s most expensive private jet is an Airbus A380 owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud, with a price tag of $500 million.
7. Different celebrities own their own private jets including Tyler Perry, John Travolta, Donald Trump, Ralph Lauren, and Tiger Woods.
8. About 30% of existing private jet owners expect to buy a new jet in five years time. In the next 10 years, more than 10,000 business jets will be sold out at a cumulative cost of $250 billion.
9. The fastest civil airplane in the world the Citation X will climb up to 51,000 feet and cruise at incredible speeds of up to Mach 0.935.
10. Bombardier’s Global 8000, one of the longest range private jets on the market, can go 7,900 nautical miles on a single tank of gas, flying at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers. With a fuel capacity of 48,950 lbs, it costs approximately $53,000 to fill the tank.
Luxwing è una compagnia dinamica, pronta sempre a stringere partnership importanti per creare sinergie a lungo termine. Tutti questi accordi, sono sempre realizzati con un occhio strategico basato sul credo e la direzione che Luxwing ha fissato tramite i propri obiettivi.
Lavorando insieme alle associazioni veliche siciliane, Luxwing ha voluto creare un filo conduttore tra il cielo ed il mare, tra il volo e la navigazione. Questi due settori così opposti ma anche così vicini, in futuro, potranno fornire delle fondamenta solide per lo sviluppo dell’economia locale. Perciò, sviluppando maggiormente la reputazione internazionale di quest’evento, sarà possibile di conseguenza, aumentare il turismo sportivo affiliato a questa competizione.
Come tale, Luxwing è tra i main sponsor del ‘Campionato Italiano di Vela d’Altura’ insieme ad altre aziende del territorio siciliano, creando una sinergia che ha portato bellissime emozioni in queste ultime settimane all’insegna dello sport e del mare.
Continua a seguirci per più aggiornamenti, direttamente sul sito web e social!