Check Out 10 Interesting Facts About Private Jets
1. Overall, 11,261 private jets were registered for use in the United States and 7,997 in the rest of the world.
2. The US makes up 49.7% of the world market for private jets with Europe following at 20.8%; Asia Pacific 11.8%; Latin and South America 11.6%; Africa and the Middle East: 6.1%.
3. The biggest event for private jet travel is the Super Bowl.
4. in 2012 over 259,000 private takeoffs and landings occurred at Van Nuys Airport, making it the busiest general aviation airport in the world.
5. The most popular model of private jet in the U.S. is the Cessna Citation Excel, also referred to as XLS+ and Citation XLS.
6. The world’s most expensive private jet is an Airbus A380 owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud, with a price tag of $500 million.
7. Different celebrities own their own private jets including Tyler Perry, John Travolta, Donald Trump, Ralph Lauren, and Tiger Woods.
8. About 30% of existing private jet owners expect to buy a new jet in five years time. In the next 10 years, more than 10,000 business jets will be sold out at a cumulative cost of $250 billion.
9. The fastest civil airplane in the world the Citation X will climb up to 51,000 feet and cruise at incredible speeds of up to Mach 0.935.
10. Bombardier’s Global 8000, one of the longest range private jets on the market, can go 7,900 nautical miles on a single tank of gas, flying at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers. With a fuel capacity of 48,950 lbs, it costs approximately $53,000 to fill the tank.